Thursday, October 2, 2014

BUCKLE BAG

I know I have posted a pic of my latest Buckle Bag on my Around The World Blog post,  but I just wanted to show you a few more pics and explain about my process.  I love the Venetian material and it could have been matched with black or even grey or gold.  I am more of a vibrant contrast girl, so I went with the bright red with black buckle.


Its a favorite pattern of mine by Leesa Chandler and it comes together very easily.  This time I used a bag wadding to give it more strength and its able to stand up all on its own (my others just collapsed on themselves)

Close up of Quilting
 I quilted the front, bag and sides using a triple straight stitch in a 2" diagonal diamond pattern.  Took a while to do the quilting but I used my quilting guide on the walking foot so I didn't have to measure all those lines.

Reverse with pocket
There is a large pocket across the back which is lined in the solid red material and another two pockets on the inside.  I even put a magnetic stud on the inside to hold the bag closed.

Inside view
Each time I make a bag, I learn something new to improve it.  I think I should have it perfect the next time.  This time I made my own handles rather than use solid pre-made ones and I think I like mine better.

4 comments:

Christine B said...

Hello Dawn! I love your bag!! The choice of fabrics is lovely and the quilting adds great texture! Have a lovely weekend! :) x

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn wow this bag is gorgeous,you are very clever,hope you have a lovely weekend my friend.xx

Linda said...

I do love this bag. The fabric is so pretty.

Why have I never thought to do diamond quilting? It will be the perfect quilting for the quilt I need to finish!

Cheryll said...

Love that bag and the colour is gorgeous. The quilting sets it off too. Nice having your company at FNWF too

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...